We went to the beach for the first time this season. It was the the first day of Memorial Day weekend and we might have been crazy to do so, but we were up early and headed in the direction of Carolina Beach. We drove until we found a parking space- a freebie at Kure Beach! We stayed for 2 and a half blissful hours. I LOVE THE BEACH. I see so much of God in it: the limitless horizon, the colors of the water, the crest of the wave, no shell looks alike, and the countless grains of sand. God is all up in that!
It came up at least three times, that I couldn't wait 'til I can bring Joseph Tong home, and to this mama's favorite place, the beach. I sat next to my sister, Kate, as she lounged in her enviable hot pink lay-bag, and discussed all the fun things I can't wait to do with him. The beach is seriously on the top of the list. I don't know if he has ever been to the beach in his short 4 years of life, but oh boy buddy, he will when he comes home. I really hope he likes it. It might just break my heart if he doesn't...
This is a short post, but I wanted to share my thoughts, nonetheless. I've included a couple of pictures so you can see just how much we have enjoyed the day. But know, I'll enjoy it that much more next year when I get him home!


No comments:
Post a Comment