Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Soon, and very soon.

On May 8, Bryan and I will board a plane bound for China. All the paperwork is finally complete. All the powers that be have finally said, "yes, you may come get your son". This journey has been amazing; it has been horrible. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about governmental processes and if I never have to learn another acronym it'll be too soon. I have cried big, fat ugly tears, and I have praised God at the most random times in my day as I get good news in an email.

On May 14, 2018, we will finally touch the face of this child we have been praying for since February 18, 2017. That is just a few days shy of fifteen months. When I look back, the time seems to have grown wings and flown by. As I was in the trenches of waiting on the next deadline or for delays to resolve, time felt like it made like a sloth and crawled.

Some of the things I can not wait to do are to run my hand through his hair and stroke his cheek. I want to hold his hand as we walk down the streets of the country he calls home. I want to curl up with  him in a chair and make up for the snuggles we've missed all these years. I want to pick out cute boy clothes for the first time in my years as a mom. I want to assure him that we are his mom and dad and we aren't going anywhere. I want him to know how much we all love him. Simply put, I want my boy. And soon, we will have him.


No comments:

Post a Comment