The LORD will always lead you, satisfy you in a parched land, and strengthen your bones. You will be like a watered garden and like a spring whose waters never run dry. Isaiah 58:11, HCSBI was reminded today of God's provision. We are beginning the grant applications, and I have been discouraged. We have been blessed in this life with wonderful jobs, and on paper, the numbers look good. But real life looks incredibly different. The cost for international adoptions top out between 30 and 40,000 dollars when you add in travel and all the "extras" like medical exams, passports, authentications and the like. It's so expensive, and no matter how well we do in life on paper, we just can't close that financial gap that international adoption creates.
But I'm not here, making my first post in months, to poor-mouth. It was somewhere in the middle of finalizing my 3rd grant application today that I came across the verse I quoted above. I was having to write a testimony of sorts, stating our reasons for applying for a grant. And I was honest. I told them what I just told you, that while I realized that paper numbers look better, they just didn't match up to real life. And then while answering the question as to how much we had already raised, it hit me! God has provided for us every step of this process.
We didn't know how we would fund the home study, and through our crowd funding platform on youcaring.com, it was covered inside of a couple of weeks. Every financial need has been met thus far. We have been tremendously blessed, and consistently reminded that God knows our needs, and is meeting them.
Maybe His timetable isn't mine. Well, actually there's no maybe about that. God's timetable and mine look entirely different. I constantly remind Him of that; bless my doubting heart. I struggle with the knowing that God will provide, even though He consistently has.
My God will always lead me, as Isaiah tells us. He satisfies us in parched lands, ie drained bank accounts. He strengthens my bones, my resolve. He keeps me fresh, like a spring whose waters never run dry.
Our God is unstoppable, and it's high time I remember all the impossible things He has accomplished. Listen to this song by Elevation Music. https://youtu.be/ZBY2iZgBfr0
I love the chorus, where it says:
Unstoppable God
Let your glory go on and on
Impossible things
In your name they shall be done!
Amen? We have raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $17,000 between fundraisers and our own funds! We still have a ways to go, but God is good and He is faithful and we are trusting him to get us there. If you have any desire to help us, there is still plenty of need, but more than anything we covet your prayers and encouraging words! Thank you!
https://www.youcaring.com/janeandbryanblackwell-770932
No comments:
Post a Comment