I started this blog because I wanted to share in one place our journey to adoption. We are a family of 6, preparing to be a family of 7. Our four girls are excited to have a little brother and we can't wait for him to get here!
Monday, March 13, 2017
How it all began
A sweet innocent face is blowing kisses to the camera. That is where this story begins, the story that will chronicle our journey. I am recording it for several reasons. First, I record it because of sentimentality. I want him to know where his story intersected with ours. I want him to know he was wanted and loved from the start. I want him to know he belongs. Secondly, I record it to satisfy your curiosity. So many people have helped us, so many that don't even know who we are, all for the sake of the security of a child. Children have a way of bringing people together. I want them and you to know our story and how it ends. And lastly I record it so I will always be reminded of God's amazing power and love. Without Him this would have never been possible. He deserves all the praise and glory that comes from this story.
It was an ordinary Saturday evening, chilling at the house with the kiddos. Little did I know that a little harmless Facebook stalking would set us on a journey I'll never forget, a journey that will eventually take us half way across the globe.
When I saw his face, my heart felt like it stopped. I knew in that moment things were going to fundamentally change in our lives. I didn't know how I would bring this child home to me, but home with us is where he belonged. That moment defies definition, and all I can say is that it was a "God thing".
Could we afford to fund an international adoption? Nope. Weren't we fixing to close on a new home with a 30 year mortgage? Yep. Had I lost my mind? Quite possibly... but I also lost my heart that night. Each one of my children have a piece of my heart, and I had just given away another piece to a sweet little boy named Tong, and he didn't even know it yet.
to be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yippy skippy!
ReplyDelete